Energility Geoconsulting was founded in November 2021, established in The Netherlands by Jurriaan Reijs. Energility brings together over 23 years of international experience with Shell's Upstream, Integrated Gas and Technology businesses, with recent learning in energy transition and agile leadership at University of Edinburgh, Stanford University, Open University and Scrum.org.
Energility offers a unique combination of deep geoscience and energy system knowledge, practical leadership and analytical, innovative and solution-oriented insights. Energility Geoconsulting provides advice, leadership and training to enable Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), geothermal energy or underground energy storage projects realise their full potential.
Energility adopts the standard terms and conditions of the Dutch branch association of consultancy and management firms and firms of consulting engineers (Koninklijke NL Ingenieurs) in all its contracts.
Follow Energility Geoconsulting on Linked-In.
About Jurriaan Reijs
Founder & managing director
- Driven to accelerate the sustainable transition of our energy system to a system without climate impact. I believe the subsurface offers many opportunities currently underutilised that will play a large role in a sustainable future energy system.
- Effective leader with the technical gravitas to operate authoritatively across all aspects of complex subsurface projects and with a track record of leading teams and multi-disciplinary projects, integrating technical as well as stakeholder complexity such as regulatory approvals or NGO-relation management.
- Seeking out ambitious energy-transition projects, where my analytical, innovative and solution-oriented mindset as well as my integrative leadership and geoscience skills can make a difference in delivering ambitious carbon reductions.
- Founder and managing director Energility Geoconsulting,
- Regional exploration advisor assuring technical quality and safety of projects in Africa, Middle East and South America in Shell's upstream business (2017-2021),
- Venture manager Uruguay and regional exploration team lead Latin America in Shell's upstream business (2014-2016),
- Various project management, operational and geoscience roles in growth of Shell's integrated gas business (2005-2014),
- Various project management and geoscience roles in Shell's upstream and R&D technology development businesses (1998-2004).
- Certificate 'Climate Change: Carbon Capture & Storage', University of Edinburgh (2021),
- Certificate 'Economics of Clean Energy Transition', Stanford University (2021),
- Certificate 'Professional Agile Leadership Essentials', Scrum.org (2021),
- PhD Structural Geology, Royal Holloway University of London (1997),
- MSc Geology, University of Utrecht (1994).
Find Jurriaan on Linked-In.